10/23/07

I Can Do It, Mom!

Luke is now in the "I can do it myself" stage of toddlerhood!
Here he is getting his jammies on. Now that he's wearing pull-ups, he can pretty much dress and undress all by himself. That is quite a help sometimes. Then there are other times when I really want to jump in because he's stretching his clothes out trying to cram all the wrong limbs in all the wrong places! Ah, I guess we can sacrifice a few shirts for the learning process.
He's been going potty by himself... "Don't come in the bathroom, Mom." (I wish you could hear his little voice!)
And a few times has even put himself to bed... "Don't come in here, Mom. I want to close the door. I want to pull up my covers." I'll check a few minutes later and sure enough, he's all snuggled in his bed. Sometimes he'll let me come in and give him a kiss.
And did you catch that he's calling me MOM!!? What happened to Mommy?? He's not even 3! So I hope Mommy makes a return, I'm not sure I like being called Mom quite yet. He's also been experimenting with calling us Dan and Kellie (Keh-wee).
I'm always insisting that he's still my baby... and Dan's always telling me that he's not a baby anymore. And now he's proving Dan right every day!

1 comment:

Nate & Heather Oltmans said...

Kellie, you are so good about your blog, I love keeping up with y'all!

Every now and then when Riley calls me "Mom" I tickle her into submission until she says, "mommy" - I am not ready to just be "mom" yet!!! So of course now she just says it so I'll tickle her.