Last night we were on our way to a birthday party for one of the kids' friends, and we were rear ended when we had to stop suddenly. No injuries for us or the other guy, praise God!
What's funny about it is that "crashing cars" is Luke's favorite "game" to play with his toy cars, so he seemed not at all surprised when we were crashed into. I mean, that's just what happens, isn't it? One day an accident happened behind us and Luke heard the crash, thought someone had bumped into us, and that I was just continuing to drive on like that was no big deal! So his reaction to this was borderline excitement. "We crashed! We crashed big!"
Thank goodness for good carseats! I don't think the kids budged an inch, and Rayna was just annoyed that her sunglasses fell on the floor (diva!). I was annoyed that the diet dr. pepper I had been holding splattered all over me, Dan, and the front seats of the van. And oh yeah, a little annoyed thinking about dealing with estimates, insurance, car repairs... oh well.
We went on to the bday party... nothing gets in the way of fun!
We fared much better - this guy's car isn't going to be driveable.
This picture cracks me up, because the guys friends who came to give him a ride showed up in an identical car. Bizarre.
On the bright side, the dings I've created backing into things with big ol' blue will be erased with this repair. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment