5/18/08

Just in case you were wondering...

Lots of people keep websites, blogs, etc. about their families, and especially the kiddos! It is fun to look at my friends' sites, check out what they're doing, and look at pictures. Naturally, the things and pictures people usually want to share with the world are about the good, happy, fun, smiley times. So I always wonder what life is really like... I mean not everyone's life can be as perfect as their pictures make it look, right?
Maybe this applies more to mommies? As in, am I the only imperfect mother out there?

Well, just in case you were wondering, I'll share with you what life is really like over here sometimes...
As I'm just typing up my little happy post about our fun trip to the zoo, Luke is in his room DESTROYING it.
Tonight we were supposed to go to a couple's Bible study we attend every other Saturday night. On the way out the door, Luke starts throwing a major fit about not wanting to go with the babysitter with the other kids. He's pouting and whining (and has been all day), so I bring him back inside to tell him that if he's going to cry and fuss about going to play with his friends, he can just stay home with me while Daddy and Rayna go out.
He continued to carry on, so here I am, missing out on fun with my friends (hate when that happens), while Luke is having some "alone time" in his room. Unfortunately, this cannot be a fun night, or he'll never want to go to bible study again!
I might have let him out after a few minutes, but since he ransacked the place, he's now got to clean it up, and we're having a major battle of wills (just in general lately). I've gone in there a few times - once to find him jumping on his train table. So I took that out of his room. Then he ripped a page out of a book (he knows I hate that - they're so smart!). Off and on he's been screaming, then quiet, then I hear him throw something across the room. Fortunately, this kind of extreme behavior is not the norm for my dear Luke.

And as I'm typing it, it's getting more and more amusing... now I know what my friend means by blogging as therapy.

So anyway, this time for me to blog made possible by my son Luke. Sometimes I think he's so cute I can hardly stand it! Then other times... well, not so cute. He's been quiet for a while now, better go see what's going on. :)

So what did you do with your Saturday night?

4 comments:

Davies Family said...

Ugh..I'm sorry you're missing out on the fun...me too...darn illness. :) This is terrible, but I love posts like this b/c it makes me feel like my life (and children) is/are NORMAL.:) Hope your night has gotten better!

Anonymous said...

I must be weird, because I think probably about 50% of my blog is about the annoying things my kids do:-) Although, I do get the cute pics up as well. I hope that you can have a wonderful day today to make up for missing your study!!

Kellie said...

That's what I love about your blog, Jenny!!
Our night improved dramatically and we've had a lovely day today, even with Dan on call.
Oh yes, Stacy, you are normal. Hope your kiddos are feeling better by Tuesday!

Esquire's Wife said...

Oh bummer! I am sorry you had to miss out on your fun. Kevin Leman was correct when he said that good punishments for the kids often punish the parents in some way, too. But, the lesson will be highly effective for Luke, I hope! May your week be blessed with joy and peace!!!