8/14/08

Don't Grow Up

Usually I am all for the kids reaching new ages and stages - each one is so fun and new and they learn so much. I don't hold on too much to the baby thing, wishing they would stay babies forever (Please, God, no!). But there are some things I'm going to miss when Rayna gets older and learns to pronounce things correctly.
For instance, she says CAR like COW. As in, I drive a blue cow. For whatever reason, it always makes me laugh.
Like the other day when we had to wake the kids up early to get to church early for music. We threw their clothes on and gave them breakfast in the car - oh so nutritious pop tarts. When I tell Rayna the plan, she says, "Can I eat a pop towt in the cow?" Gave me the laugh I needed too early in the morning!

Then we have conversations like this in the car, when she's looking out the window and pointing things out. (It's not unusual for us to see cows on our way to many places.)

Rayna: Look Mommy! A cow!
Me: Oh, you see a cow?
Rayna: No, a cow!
Me: You mean a car?
Rayna: Yes, a cow!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I used to say the exact same thing... cow instead of car. Unfortunately, I had a nasty Sunday School teacher who accused me of lying... she told me that no, my parents did NOT drive a cow and I shouldn't make up such tales. I think God may have zapped her for her rudeness.

Kellie said...

Is that a true story?! That is terrible!
Glad to know she won't be saying it that way in college, though. :)