12/13/08

Luke's Birthday

My little Luke is 4! We had a little party at Chuck E Cheese for him. He had a blast with all his friends and I was very proud of him for doing better with the presents this year than last year... Last year I remember lots of ripping and tearing, no thank yous, and general un-graciousness in the gift department. I know, what did I expect from a 3 year old?!

This year, he opened up the first present and I told him who it was from and to say thank you, and he did, multiple times, until his friend saw him saying thank you (lots of distractions at Chuck's). Then the rest of the gifts he actually asked me who they were from, and made sure to thank. Moments like these make you feel like you've done something right as a parent!

But my favorite picture is the cake... since I made it and I'm pretty proud of it. Luke had been requesting a Spiderman cake, so that's what he got. It took me practically the entire day, and one cake in the trash, but his reaction was sweet and he loved it.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kellie: You did an awesome job on the Spiderman cake. Looks like Luke had a great time too.