6/15/09

California

We went to CA a week or so ago to visit Nana and my brothers one last time before our big move. It was quite a job flying by myself with the 3 kids, but well worth it. I love being in California - the weather is great and it is beautiul. It was a nice reprieve from the stifling heat of TX, and from all the busy-ness and stress of preparing to move. Here's some pictures from our trip (Dan asked where the pictures of California were, since I mostly took pictures of the kids! Oops, I meant to get a palm tree or two in there... but I promise, these pictures were taken in CA!)
Rayna and Uncle Jim. The kids instantly loved my brother Jim. He knew just how to entertain them and make them laugh. He made an 8:45 p.m. dinner with 3 overly tired kids pretty pleasant!
The kids were also in love with my Mom's dog Maizy. Not sure how she felt about them. She got used to them over the week, but I wouldn't say she liked them (luckily they are extremely gentle with animals). Maizy did seem to love Tessa, though. Maybe because she couldn't move, not sure exactly. Maybe b/c she left pacifiers lying around on the floor. She held Tessa's pacifier in her mouth like this for a little while before chewing it to smithereens.

Jim and Tessa with my mom. I know, she's beautiful and looks like my older sister. I hear that every time we're together!
Rayna
Tessa
Maizy guarding her favorite human (well besides my mom of course).
Rayna wearing a mask at a children's cultural museum we went to.
The museum happened to be having story time with Curious George!


Luke, Rayna, and Maizy. The towel is on the couch for the dog to sit on, but Rayna used it to cover her up so she wouldn't get cold.
Rayna looks so little in this picture!

Rayna and one of my friend's little girls, Austen, hanging out at a beautiful park. What a view!
Rocketship fun!

After the park.

Playing with my camera - taking doggy portraits.

My brother John looking serious!

No comments: