Here's sweet Tessa on our friends' couch, since the one I've been taking Tessa's picture on is currently on it's long journey to Korea. :)
This month Tessa - well, she's just so stinkin' cute! We are blessed with an easy and sweet-as-can-be baby at this crazy and chaotic time of our life.
She is smiling lots and lots now, and loves when Luke and Rayna come to talk to her. She's ticklish under her chin and I can get her to laugh that way. She also laughs when I sing to her... what does that mean exactly?
I think last time I wrote little Miss was sleeping through the night - a good 11-12 hours. Well, not anymore! UGH! This is the first time we've had a child who slept through the night for two weeks, then went BACK, and started waking up again. I can only attribute it to the fact that becuase of the crazy busy life I mentioned earlier, this girl has had no daytime sleeping routine. None. What's sad is that I stressed over the other kids' nap schedules, and they resisted, big time. If I tried to put Tessa on a schedule she would pick it up in a day. Once in Korea we will concentrate on routine for this poor baby, since I think daytime sleep is connected to how well they do at night too. At least that's what my in-house baby whisperer Sabrina tells me (and she's usually right about these things)!! So, currently she is waking once at night, I feed her, and she goes right back to sleep. But she is the sweetest and I just can't hold it against her when she smiles at me first thing in the morning!
Otherwise, she is doing all the normal little baby things... laying around, making us smile, fussing minimally, and is easily calmed when she does cry. Usually smiling at her is all it takes. She's started grasping things and tries to shove everything instantly into her mouth. Teeth may be on the way soon. I am still breastfeeding, but just this week gave her her first bottle of formula, which she took with absolutely no complaint, and now she's getting one bottle every day.
Tessa will turn 6 months in Korea!!

No comments:
Post a Comment