Yesterday, as I was minding my own business talking on the phone with my 2nd U.S. friend of the day, this hideously loud alarm and voice starts booming through the house, scaring me half to death! "Attention, attention, there is a fire in the building, please go outside" or something like that. Ahhhhh! I hung up, told the kids to get their shoes, and we headed out. Rayna didn't have shoes because she was totally freaking out, and I figured if it really was a fire, shoes weren't that important anyway.
We went down 8 flights, outside, and it was pouring rain. Nice.
Holding Tessa, I held Rayna by her arm to hop her over some lovely mud patches, and we took cover with everyone else under the shelters on the playground.
Some other moms had been smarter (maybe?) than me and put their kids' rain jackets and boots on so they could have fun out there! Too bad we don't have either of those things yet, or I might have done the same.
Anyway, after a few minutes, we were allowed back inside. The word on the street is that some kids pulled the fire alarm in two buildings. Everyone wants them hunted down for doing that on a rainy day - at least I had just had the kids change out of their jammies (at noon)!
Back to the 'talking to my U.S. friends' - we now have a U.S. number in Korea. How cool is that? Through the wonders of technology and voice-over-internet-phone, we now have a U.S. number that rings our home phone here in Korea. If you want my new digits, email me! But don't call me at 3 a.m.!

No comments:
Post a Comment