9/8/09

Ballerina

The ballerina attire hasn't arrived yet, but here's some pictures from today's ballet class. It was so cute watching all these little girls dance around and enjoy seeing themselves in the big mirror. I love it!
It was hard to get pictures since we are outside the room... looking through a window. I popped the door open a couple times but didn't want to be too annoying.


It is fun to watch her because she is very attentive and tries really hard to do what the teacher is doing, exactly. And if you know Rayna at all, attentive is not a word I'd usually use to describe her. So I'm glad she has an activity she wants to focus on and that she can look forward to, and that I have so much fun watching. :)
Luke brought his Leapster to play while we were there... another 4 year old boy was waiting for his sister too and wanted to watch. Unfortunately, most 4 year old boys don't have the same personal space preferences as Luke does and this little guy was all over Luke. I wish I would have taken a picture of Luke trying to play his Leapster practically sitting sideways since the other boy was leaning onto him so much trying to see. Then he was kneeling beside Luke watching, with his chin on top of Luke's hand (that he was trying to use to play the game). It was pretty funny but I know it makes him so uncomfortable (and why wouldn't it!) and then he didn't want to play anymore. He is polite and doesn't want to say anything, he just stops playing. Then I feel bad for him because I know he wants to play but he knows if he turns it on again that boy will be practically sitting in his lap in a second! After we left I tried to tell him that he can (kindly) ask people to, "Move, please," or "Could you please back up a little," or something like that. While we were there I had been asking him to move... "Could you back up just a little, it's hard for him to play when your face is on top of his hand like that..." Anyway, just a window into Luke's world - the boy likes his space!!

5 comments:

Phebe said...

Love the ballet class ... definitely one of the things I miss not having a girl! She does look like she's having a great time!

Sab Mad said...

I have no idea how he and Lukie M were best buddies - Lukie M has NO personal space!

The Queen looks so cute! Can't wait to see some pictures of her in her ballerina clothes!!

LaRee said...

He sure reminds me of Daniel. When he was about Luke's age a little boy hit him in the head with a truck. All that Daniel did was cry. He did not even consider hitting back!

It sounds like the dance lessons are a really good thing for Rayna. It would be fun to watch, but thanks once again for the great pictures. It sure helps to be able to see the pictures and to hear about what is happening! I still love your blog!

Toby and Rebecca said...

It looks like Rayna will make a great ballerina! I love the last picture of her dancing around! We miss you guys so much... especially today with the first day of MDO. Rylie keeps talking about you guys being in Korea like it is the next town over. Can't wait to see pictures once the ballerina attire arrives!

TYLERS said...

ohhh poor Luke! I guess that is why him and Drew are such good buddies, cause Drew likes his space too! I can picture both our boys sitting on my couch after MDO..both playing leapster, completely silent....seemed like a lame playdate for me, but they loved it! Miss you guys:(