9/26/09

More Than Meets the Eye

Speaking of girliness (or maybe lack thereof), Rayna is very much into princesses, wearing dresses, ballet, pink and purple, and transformers.

We borrowed a transformers dvd from a friend, and it's one of her favorite things to watch!

Well, while shopping at Home Plus a few weeks ago, Luke saw a Bumblebee transformer toy that he "really really" wanted. I told him we weren't going to buy it right then. He said, "But, Mom, I really really want it!" He'd been wanting it for a long time, and I wanted to get it for him, but it was about twice the price of what it would be in the states. So I told him we'd order one online.

Well, somehow Rayna got it into her head that she was going to get an Optimus Prime. That is her favorite transformer. So while Luke was waiting for Bumblebee, Rayna kept talking about her Optimus. I kept telling her that maybe she'd get an Optimus sometime, but it might not be right now. In reality we had ordered an Optimus along with some other toys, all of which we were planning to save for bday or Christmas, or when I am in need of a really good bribe.

But she didn't know this, and we weren't telling her. I thought it would be perfectly fine to just get a transformer for our boy, and maybe pick up something else for Rayna, or maybe just have it be a special thing for Luke...

Until one night at bedtime she said something so cute, I had to give it to her!!

Each night Dan asks the kids what they're thankful for. Usually it's "Mommy, Daddy, Tessa, my toys, my room, my house, etc." But this night, before the package had arrived, Rayna said, so innocently and hopefully, "I'm thankful for my Optimus Prime that is on it's way."
Here she is with "her Optimus".

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I watched Transformers every day after school when I was little, but my mommy would never buy me one. You rock!