9/30/09

Tessa is 8 months old!

Another month... gone!
Tessa continues to be our sweet, loveable, easy going girl. She's sitting up and playing with toys, trying to clap and move her fingers like a wave, and says lots of "dadada, bababa" sounds. When she's on her tummy she can spin around and scoot backwards a little bit. She likes almost all the baby food we've given her except green beans, and now she can snack on cheerios and gerber puffs. She loves her big brother and sister and easily smiles and laughs at them, and Mommy and Daddy. But all of the friendly "strangers" that try to get her to smile? Nope, all they get is a stare-down. In the last couple weeks she is starting to hand out smiles a little more generously... this makes me laugh since all the kids have been like this as babies - stingy with the smiles. Not easily impressed with all of our silly antics. They look at people like that's all you've got? She still has just her two bottom teeth (and this is the only picture I could get of them!), but judging by the way she's been napping (not very well) I'd guess she's working on some more. At least I hope that's the reason for her short naps since that won't last forever.
We love you Tessa! Happy 8 months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe she's 8 months old already. She is definitely cute!

Karen said...

What a cutie. Hannah and Tessa seem to be doing a lot of the same things. Hope you're doing well.

LaRee said...

I would love to have the opportunity to see if I could get her to smile, but I will try to be thankful for getting to see pictures of her smiling. :) Phebe got her first 8 teeth between 7 1/2 months and 8 months, a busy 2 weeks! I wonder if Tessa is going to do something similar. Hopefully, her naps will get better soon. I love to look and relook (maybe not a word, but I think it communicates)at the pictures, and see how they are growing! It has now been 4 months since we say you, and they are certainly growing!