
For the longest time, this has been Tessa... sitting, trustworthy to stay in the spot that I put her. It has been nice. I only have to clear a small perimeter around her to make it safe. Well, I see the days of immobile baby fast disappearing.

For the last couple days, she has been up on her hands and knees rocking, and moving herself backwards. It won't be long 'till the crawling begins!

Which is great and all, except for this child likes to stick everything in her mouth. My other two weren't like that. I didn't worry that they were going to eat everything. But ab-so-lute-ly
everything that Tessa gets her hands on goes straight into her mouth.

So I try to make sure she gets only the appropriate things in her hands. Like a teether. Not like, say, an orange Mike and Ike that Rayna spilled on the ground and came out of Tessa's mouth 5 seconds later. She's fast!
She'll try a piano.

A drum.

Toys of any kind.

She'll share with her friends.

She would never eat a cute little blue bear, though.

Or maybe she would!

Look at that sneaky face!!
So I'm sure Tessa will be excited when she is more mobile. I'm sure I'll be lots more busy chasing around that 21.6 lb (she likes to eat food, too) crawling-tasting-machine, and making sure she doesn't choke on a lego or a piece of a transformer. We'll have to have some new rules about where the "big kids" can have their toys, and do some extra baby proofing. Better get to work!
4 comments:
BOTH of my kids were the same way...absolutely everything into the mouth! Hopefully it won't last as long for your little cutie as it did for mine! :)
Go Tessa! She is getting so big! And Reagan is jealous of her growing locks!
Oh my, Hannah and Tessa are just two peas in a pod (minus all of the lovely hair - where did Tessa get all of that hair?). Hannah just started to crawl and she started exactly how Tessa is doing now - rocking and scooting backwards. She is also sticking everything in her mouth - in fact, I found a lego in there this afternoon - uugh!
Seriously, Norah is right there with Tessa in the eating-everything-off-the-floor department. Just today she tried to consume a rubber stop (you know, the ones that come off the ends of door stoppers), mud that fell from a shoe in the laundry room, a piece of lint from Brent's socks, and one of those little plastic things that holds tags on. Crazy girl!
Post a Comment