I wanted to mention this before I forget...
I've been going to a Bible study here at the base chapel, and one of the girls in the study with me just told us all about an amazing thing that she and her husband started a few years ago. They had a friend who was killed in military service, a friend with a wife and kids. They wanted to do something. Then end result is called Knights of Heroes.
Basically they run a summer camp for boys in Colorado - specifically for boys who have lost their fathers in Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere. The organization pays for the family to come, and my friend, Suzanne, does things with the moms and daughters during the week while the boys are at camp.
Many of you are in the military, and/or know many people in the military, and may know of a boy one day who loses his father. I sure hope not. But should anyone you know ever find themselves in that situation, I wanted you to know about this cool thing that is available. Listening to her talk about it gave us all chills. They didn't really know how to start a summer camp and run an organization like this, but they really felt moved to do something in honor of their friend. So they just started working on it, and now it's growing and growing.
Anyway, check out their website!!
www.knightsofheroes.org

No comments:
Post a Comment