12/20/09

Med Group Par-tay

Photobucket
Last night was Dan's work Christmas party... I think the first one we've gone to the whole time we've been married! It was fun to dress up and get out... and interesting to see the different interpretations of "formal/semi-formal". Some people thought it meant "hoochie/semi-hoochie". I was in a dress and heels, it doesn't get much more formal for me than that.
It was a nice party, the food was not entirely edible (it was really bad, not just okay... really bad!!), but we won a cool door prize to make up for it. We got a little Samsung digital camera! Not that I really need a camera... but I don't have a small one anymore, like one I can just keep in my purse so maybe I'll keep this one for that purpose. There's always times I wish I had a camera when we're out and about, but it's pretty inconvenient to carry around my digital slr all the time. :)
Oh, and I almost forgot!! Dan's dapper looking suit is one he had custom made by Mr. Oh downtown. The one suit Dan had was pretty outdated, and didn't fit the best anymore, so with the party coming we figured it was a good time to have one made. That's one of those things you're supposed to do in Korea - get a custom suit! It was about $200 for the suit, custom made dress shirt, and a tie.

2 comments:

Phebe La Mar said...

You all look great!

LaRee said...

Wow, you both look wonderful! The suit definitely looks like a success. It's amazing that you could get all of that for $200! It is too bad the food was not good!

I hope we get to talk to you sometime this week!