High of 18 here today. And yeah, it got colder in Minot. The difference is that in Minot we started our car from inside our house, and didn't walk everywhere like we do here! We just ran to the warm car. Now I'm getting really tough - we could drive to the BX but it takes just as long to drive there as it does to walk there once I strap all 3 kids in the car, fold the stroller, etc. etc. And there's usually no parking there anyway, sending us to park practically back at our parking garage. So we walk.
At least there's snow on the ground to make the cold a little more "worth it". And the kids love it. Absolutely love it. They have been great about wearing their hats and gloves (who wouldn't really in this weather?), and have not really complained about the cold at all. That's good since I drag them to the post office frequently, checking for packages - the evidence of my online shopping addiction. I'm currently in rehab. But that's another story altogether!
Now our walks are made so much more exciting by the significant snowfall we had earlier this week. I walk down the narrowly shoveled path with Tessa thoroughly bundled in her stroller cocoon while Luke and Rayna find the deepest snow to walk through, getting wet and cold up to the knees. Rayna especially likes the sparkly snow.
At least there's snow on the ground to make the cold a little more "worth it". And the kids love it. Absolutely love it. They have been great about wearing their hats and gloves (who wouldn't really in this weather?), and have not really complained about the cold at all. That's good since I drag them to the post office frequently, checking for packages - the evidence of my online shopping addiction. I'm currently in rehab. But that's another story altogether!
Now our walks are made so much more exciting by the significant snowfall we had earlier this week. I walk down the narrowly shoveled path with Tessa thoroughly bundled in her stroller cocoon while Luke and Rayna find the deepest snow to walk through, getting wet and cold up to the knees. Rayna especially likes the sparkly snow.






7 comments:
I am love reading your blog, and being able to get caught up with what's going on in your world. I started a blog a few months ago, and am loving it. It's junkyardgang.blogspot.com
Love,
Sarah
Looks like you're making the most of the cold. That can't be easy coming from TX! High in Minot today is -10. Wind chill is as bad as -50. No one is going anywhere! I like the idea of walking to the commissary (not in these temps, of course), but how do you get your loot back to the apartment? Or do you buy just as much as will fit in the stroller and go back the next day?
Oh it looks like the kiddos are having so much fun. I know Ethan and Emma would love to take a trip down that hill on the sled with Luke and Rayna.
It is 7 degrees for a high today. We don't have a lot of snow, but enough to make driving pretty unpleasant. It is really fun to see stuff like this while watching a child's reaction. It's too bad we lose their enthusiasm!
Yeah for snow!! I bet Tessa is ready to take a ride with the big kids! :)
Karisa - the commissary is the closest thing but one of the only places we drive so we can make a haul. I pretty much avoid the commissary like the plague, though, so when Dan goes, he drives. :) They keep shopping carts in the lobby of our building so you can then get groceries from the car up the elevator to your apartment.
And we remember Minot and try not to complain about the weather here too much... and get to make fun of all the southerners who think this is the coldest place on earth.
And sarah - I'll have to put you on my google reader!! Love the blog name!
Post a Comment