Here is the Subway map. There's like 500 lines. Well, okay, maybe not 500, but a lot. And a lot of stops. And thankfully, maps posted in English at the stops and on the train. Also, also thankfully, usually someone around who speaks some English, like the employee who helped us get our T-Money cards to ride. I'm glad we finally got this all figured out... only took a year to try it but now I feel like we can go so many more places in Seoul!
I just loved this sign above. Instead of some generic figure warning you about getting your bags stuck in the doors, there's this cute little lady and her curled hair and red lipstick, and her fancy schmancy shirt with sparkles and purse with a heart. Koreans are so fashion forward - even their signs!! I also like just imagining what the text says, since I have no idea what it actually says. :)


The kids at "Insadong", a street in Seoul with lots of "artsy" stuff. Art shops, stationary shops, coffee shops, and much more, I'm sure. We walked up and down the street and then the kids were ready to go. Well, they were ready to go as soon as we got there, but they put up with us at least walking up and down the street. Someday, I will return sans children, and actually go into one of the little shops... A girl can dream...


Here these guys were giving a demonstration of how they make a traditional Korean "sweet" (and then selling us a box of them, of course!). It was basically honey stretched into really thin threads (in corn starch, that's the white stuff) and then wrapped around different kinds of crushed nuts. It was good, but ironically not really that sweet.
Alrighty, stay tuned for the next installment of our Seoul adventure. We finally got out of Osan - I'm going to milk this for as many blog posts as possible!!


2 comments:
Looks like fun! The boys really like the picture of Luke, Rayna and "the funny guy."
That subway system is just a tad bigger than DC huh?
Post a Comment