8/13/10
Things that make you go hmmmmm.....
There's no shortage of badly translated or spelled English over here, but this really makes me scratch my head. You think they'd be pretty clear on how we spell the name of their country. My friend and I found this shirt at Home Plus and we could not get to it fast enough! At only 5,000 won ($4.20), it was SOLD!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hahah this cracks me up! I can't believe I wrote a similar post!! I just love "translations" here... always gives me a great chuckle!
Hi there, I cam across you blog, and i love it! Your kids are so cute.
I've spent some time in Korea myself and you're right, the translations can get so ridiculous.
But with the spelling of "Corea" -- that was done on purpose. Originally, the Koreans had wanted their country spelled like that - Corea. During the Japanese occupation of Korea, Japan had the spelling changed to Korea instead of Corea because the "J" in Japan comes before "K" in Korea.
I suppose this is one of those authentic things they refer back to now.
Just thought I should let you know. :)
Anonymous - thank you for letting me know, that is so interesting! I have seen it that way in several places, so I wondered if there was something to it.
Post a Comment