2/7/11

Tessa is 2...

...and Mommy is in denial!  I really kind of wanted to skip poor little Tessa's birthday this year, and just pretend that she could still be 1 for a few more months.  She so cuddly and funny and stinkin' cute right now... why can't we just freeze time?!  It is the first of my children's birthdays that I have felt this way.  I have always been glad that they're growing up and moving on to the next stage and becoming more independent, but not this time.  Sabrina, you soooooo told me so!  Now I get your sadness over your babies getting bigger!
But of course, we don't really want to keep Tessa a baby forever.  But just for a little while - that would be okay, right?
In spite of me wanting to enjoy this season of life for a bit longer, time marches on.  And the little girl in fact turned 2!  Here are some pictures of our little celebration at home - some cake, candles, and of course, presents!  Luke and Rayna love that she's not really interested in tearing open the packages so they get to do it for her.  What does interest her is eating birthday cake.  Every. Last. Bit.
Happy birthday sweet girl!



Photobucket

4 comments:

LaRee said...

Soooo precious, but I agree they grow so fast, especially when they are on the other side of the world. Thanks for sharing pictures!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Tessa! You are getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe our little ones are 2 - yikes!

Esquire's Wife said...

Happy, happy birthday! (True to form, her package will be late.) Love the pics of her! She is looking more and more like you, Kel.

Davies Family said...

It's hard to believe all these little girls are turning two...it seems like just yesterday we had the big shower for all you mommies. :) Happy Birthday Tessa!