10/2/07

A "Big Boy"

Today there was a major development in our house: Luke went pee-pee on the potty!
He has been potty resistant for a while now. I would ask, "Do you want to sit on the potty?" And Luke would say, "No."
Lately he has been willing to sit on the potty, but wouldn't do anything in it.
He's the only one in his MDO class who is not going on the potty.
Well, Nana (my mom) is here this weekend and has been urging me to work on this whole potty training thing with him a little more (than not at all), so today we went to Target and picked up some Cars, Thomas and Diego "Big Boy Underwear". When we got them home he really wanted to wear them, so we told him if he went pee-pee on the potty he could wear them. So he sat for a little while, waiting for the "water" to come out. Before too long, he did it! Of course we made a big to-do, and he got that I'm-so-proud-of-myself cutest smile on his face, saying, "I made the water come out! I did it!"
Don't worry, I know we have a loooong way to go, but this is certainly a start. Isn't he cute sporting his new Thomas undies.
Way to go Luke!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Luke!! Hope he does well for you.

Esquire's Wife said...

What a cute tooshie!