1/28/08

Bass Pro Shop

On Tuesday morning, the day before we took Rayna to the dr. for her issues (see below), I took Luke to the doctor for a possible ear infection. It was a Mother's Day Out day, so I dropped Rayna off at school and took Luke to his appointment. After the doctor, we had the rest of the day to spend together, just me and him, which was a special treat. We ate at Chick-Fil-A, and then went to the new Bass Pro Shop that just opened in town. We had been once before, and Luke loved it. Every time we drive by he wants to go in, and I always have to tell him no. So on his special day I let him roam around the Bass Pro Shop to his heart's content. There are fish, animals, birds, boats, hunting and camping gear, a race car, and little scene to play a hunting game... little boy heaven. He went back and forth from the fish to the animals to the fish to the tents, back to the fish, etc.
On the way into the store, and older man who worked there saw us and said hi to Luke, as he was running into the store and oblivious to the man. I told him that Luke loved this place and he was excited to get inside. The man found us a few minutes later and gave this hat to Luke. Talk about making his day!
Luke saw a package of gummy worms in the store that he wanted, but Mommy didn't like the price... so we went to Target to get some. No matter how much I say "gummy worms", he continues to call them "yummy worms". :)

No comments: