9/3/08

Labor Day

Thought I'd play along with this meme in honor of Labor Day (true to form, I'm late) that I saw on my friend Sabrina's blog. After all, what mom can resist telling her labor stories? Luckily these questions are quick and to the point and should not involve too much information. :)

How long were your labors?

Kid #1 - 8 hours
Kid #2 - 7 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1 - Water broke and instantaneous excrutiating contractions
Kid #2 - I didn't know I was in labor... I could feel contractions on the outside of my belly with my hands. No pain. Went to the hospital and I was having contractions every 3 minutes (couldn't feel them)! Got an epidural right away and had a completely pain free labor/delivery.

Where did you deliver?

In the hospital. Wouldn't ever convince my dr. Hubby of anything else (or me), and with #1 it was good we had access to immediate medical intervention.

Drugs?

Oh yes. Looking forward to it with #3.

C-section?

Nope.

Who delivered?

Kid #1 - An intern, and resident, a staff O.B. and an entourage of student observers (didn't really care at that point). Yay teaching hospitals!
Kid #2 - The on-call doctor that night - my doc was on vacation.

No comments: