First the bad news:
We are tired around here! Tessa is indeed a newborn baby and indeed, is sleeping like one. Sometimes she sleeps great - it's just not always when I want her too, like in the middle of the night would be nice! She is starting to do better at night, sleeping some longer stretches, but then every few days will have a horrible night where it seems like she doesn't sleep at all. Hence we don't sleep much and the grumpy cycle begins (I mean for me).
With this being the 3rd baby, I know that this stage won't last long. I know one day soon I'll be feeling more rested and Tessa will be sleeping better at night. This, and the fact that Tessa's been pretty easy all around, has helped me cope better with this sleepless phase - much better than with #1 and #2. I am trying to be patient and just get through it, but sometimes it gets really frustrating with even the easiest baby. When I'm tired and she just won't go to sleep, or stay asleep, I start to lose it!! I don't know why I'm rambling about this... but I'm so thankful that I feel like God really is giving me an extra measure of patience and understanding for this baby, and helping me not feel as tired as I should for how little sleep I'm getting!
Now for the good news:
Luke and Rayna are so cute with and adoring of their little sister. I could go on about this all day because it warms a mommy's heart. But I'll just show you the pictures instead.
Luke was playing X-Box (that's a whole 'nother story), and wanted me to lay Tessa right there next to him so she could watch him play. Clearly, she's enthralled.

1 comment:
Hang in there Kellie. It should get easier each week.
Post a Comment