7/16/09

Happy Birthday Dan!!

It's Dan's birthday today (or tomorrow, depending on where you are!)! It will be a less than ideal birthday day with less than ideal presents... poor guy's birthday is right in the middle of all this madness! With the move I did not think to get him something before we left the states... the kids and I went to the BX to see what we could find for Daddy... and we did find something - I won't spoil the surprise. Anyway, not the gift or dessert (missing some essential kitchen items!) or day I would like to have for him. When I said last night, "Sorry you're birthday's not going to be exciting in the middle of all this transition," he told me it was okay. He was going to have a great birthday because we are all with him - as in, he did not have to come to Korea by himself. He is really, really grateful for that. And that's why we love him so, and are so glad we are with him on his birthday, too.

Here's some commentary from Luke and Rayna about Daddy when I asked them "What's your favorite thing about Daddy?" and "What do you like to do with Daddy?", etc.

Luke:
"My favorite thing is giving him the presents. My favorite thing was getting him his card. He's special because I like him. I like to play the xbox with him. I like it when he reads books to me. I like to play with him."

Rayna:
"I like to play with daddy and I like giving him his presents and I like playing with my baby sister Tessa with Daddy. I like it when he snuggles with me and gives me hugs and gives me kisses and helps me fix stuff. I like him coloring with me and letting me play with my toys."

2 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

Happy Birthday, Dan...it's actually over in Korea, so we should say, "Hope you had a happy birthday!"

Sab Mad said...

Happy Birthday Big D!!