- It is raining lots. I don't mind a rainy day, but since we walk everywhere, it's kind of a drag. Once we get our van we'll be able to drive on rainy days, I guess. No wonder everyone leaves for the summer!
- The power went out yesterday. Not a huge deal, except we were coming home from the BX, with the 3 kids, some groceries and our stroller. Power out means no elevator. 8th floor means sweating to death by the time we huffed it upstairs to get home! (Stroller stayed in lobby until the power came back on).
- Ever since the power outtage, the elevators weren't working for about a day. All of above frustrations, several times over!
- I tried to go to the commissary today, but didn't have a ration card, so couldn't shop. I was told I didn't need a ration card, that they would just scan my i.d. No dice. Walked to commissary in rain for lunch. Walked back home in rain empty handed. All of us walked to the BX for lunch (in the rain) since there is no food in the house! Now my pants are in the dryer. (Ration card = They limit what you can buy at the commissary to ensure people aren't buying stuff on base and selling it somewhere else - but it is a very reasonable limit based on the number of people in your family, we'll never reach ours.)
- Dan told me today that during excercises, they usually close the commissary and BX (this is several days, people!), but this time they aren't. Hopefully they continue the trend of not closing them, that would be a real pain!
I am seeing there's going to be a lot to get used to here (I know, duh Kellie!). On the plus side, our unaccompanied baggage comes tomorrow - a small shipment of necessities. I am super excited to see our microwave, vacuum, some dishes and kitchen stuff, a place to set Tessa besides the floor (I put an exersaucer and bouncy seat in), more clothes, toys, and stuff I'm sure I've forgotten about. Woo hoo!
And one of the guys Dan is working with and his wife are Korean. We talked with them a little today and hopefully we'll be able to experience Korea a little bit with them - with some help from people who know the language and culture. I am super excited about that, too, since I am a scaredy cat to try new things on my own!
Now to go get my pants out of the dryer...

1 comment:
Sounds sort of like season role-reversal... you're stuck inside all summer because of the rainy season. We're stuck inside all winter because of the snowy season.
We're praying for your family during this time of transition!
Post a Comment