So we had to try it... about a 5 minute walk outside the main gate there is a Mickey D's. It's kind of the same, kind of different! The kids were excited to see the old familiar golden arches (I could pretend that we rarely to never eat at McDonald's, but that would unfortunately be a lie). We'd been told the nuggets and fries were the same, which they seemed to be. I guess they only have sweet and sour sauce, but that's okay, that's what my kids like. They don't have everything on that's on the American menu, but there are some additional items you might be interested in... or not. How about a bulgogi burger or a shrimp burger? Mmmmm.
Dan tried the Bulgogi burger. Tessa's saying, "No, Daddy! Don't do it!" But he did. He said it was "interesting". Must have been okay, he ate it all. I stuck with the most familiar item on the menu, a good ole' Big Mac.
The happy meal toy is a little McDonald's drive thru.
Happy as can be with their Happy Meal toys. It really does make them happy. :)
I can't say we'll be frequenting this McDonald's as much as we did in the States, especially since there's no drive thru, ha ha! But nice to know we've got one in the "neighborhood", I guess.

3 comments:
Yay for McDonalds!:) I think those happy meal toys might be cooler than the ones here. :)
I confess I'm having a little trouble figuring out the timing, so I'm not sure if Dan's birthday is the 16th or 17th...but Brett's is the 17th--did we know they had matching (or almost matching birthdays)? :) Maybe he can declare it his most unique birthday!!
Happy Birthday Dan!!
Thanks for all of the updates. I love reading what you are doing. Isn't it nice to have something like McDonald's in such a far away place. Thank goodness for McDonald's. We miss you guys!
I like that toy!
Is there a chicky-fil-a? I'm sure not, but for your sake I hope so! We went to their customer appreciation day the other day and I was wishing you were there with me. You'd love it. They gave away tons of free stuff, had a cake and free food. It was perfect...
until the cows (plural) came out! Girls freaked and we had to leave immediately!
I miss you amiga!
Post a Comment