Here's my "little" Luke, who is growing so fast! I can't believe he'll be 5 this year. Anyway, for the grandmas and grandpas out there :) here's some little tidits about what my little man has been up to lately:

- Swinging! He just learned how to swing by himself - he no longer needs to be pushed! Ah, sweet freedom! Now I only have to push one on the playground. As I've said before, our new home looks down onto a humungous playground with swings. It's all Luke wants to do. And he hasn't stepped foot on a slide or anything else down there, he only swings. I'm sure it's just a phase!
- I was reading to him out of his Bible stories book - about Abraham and Lot. It was talking a lot about Abram and Lot taking their sheep and cattle down to the plain. After a little bit, Luke said, "That's silly to have animals on the plane!" I had to try not to laugh too hard and explain the difference between plain and plane.
- We were walking down the hall today, out to the playground, and Luke said, "Mom, I was quiet. I didn't destroy anyone in their home!" He meant that he didn't "disturb" anyone in their home. Good job, little man. But I'm glad he didn't destroy anyone either.
- He's a super great big brother and is seriously smitten with baby Tessa. Both he and Rayna are, and both are very sweet with her. I hope she always has that special place with them.
- He is back into watching the movie Cars and now that he has most of the cars, he likes to act out the movie while watching it, and requests certain scenes (usually the races).
- He keeps asking me when our t.v. and x-box are going to get here. We've seriously created a monster with that one! The other day he told me he is going to be really good while the x-box is not here so he can play it when it does get here. Word to the wise: don't let your 4 year old play x-box! It's addicting for boys of all ages!
- I'm going to start doing a little preschool "homeschooling" with him this year. As of now I'm not that interested in homeschooling (I plan to send him to Kindergarten next year), but I wanted something for me and him to do together, and I think he'll love having the structured time with mommy. We don't have Mother's Day Out here, so we've got do something! We haven't started yet because I'm not so great about that structure thing lately, but I need to be - he'll thrive under it.
My favorite thing Luke says lately is, "That sounds good, Mom." As in, Luke, you have 20 minutes to watch this show and then we're turning the t.v. off. "Okay, that sounds good, Mom." I LOVE IT! Especially when I'm mad and spouting off a list of 20 things he needs to do or shouldn't have done, or better do differently next time... and he just calmly says, "That sounds good, Mom." Then I have to try not to laugh. He is learning the ways and phrases and attitudes that make me happy. Sure, he's doing it for his own benefits, for however he wants to be rewarded for good behavior, but he's paying attention and thinking about what he's doing and saying. I'll take it. He is a cute little boy.

1 comment:
My boy is missing his best friend!
That boy is going to love his little homeschool preschool, I think you both will.
Love you friend!
Post a Comment