7/23/09

Some Good Old Fashioned Fun

Judging by the giggles and squeals (I mean, screams) of delight, the kids enjoyed this tire swing at a nearby playground. Fun!
We met some new friends, Steven and Alyssa, at the playground, along with their mommy Christina. These two are the same ages as Luke and Rayna (Steven and Luke share the same birthday, and Rayna and Alyssa are only a month apart!), and they had lots of fun together. So much so, that Christina and I got to actually talk for a little bit. Imagine that!
It is evidence of answered prayer... we left behind lots of really really wonderful friends in TX, great friends for my kids whose moms I also loved. It can be difficult to find friends for your kids. You want:
1) kids your kids like (and kids you like)
2) kids you want your kids to be around and learn from, if you know what I mean
3) kids whose mom you enjoy hanging out with

I feel like with this family we've hit all 3, and it is nothing short of miraculous. Did I mention we've only been here a couple weeks? And similar ages would have been nice, but the exact same age? Thank you, Lord!!
Don't even get me started on our neighbors who are moving in today across the hall. Another great family who I'm sure we will be friends with.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

Toby and Rebecca said...

what a blessing! And, it looks like there were at least 5 minutes that day without rain!

we miss you guys!

TYLERS said...

Sounds like things are going well so far...so glad for you guys! We miss you, but I guess we also have to approve of you making new friends:) Thanks for all the Wii advice...ughhh, it is soo fun, but can also become our worst nightmare! Miss ya!

Sab Mad said...

Don't make me drop kick Christina...

Okay, fine, I'm glad you found a friend. Really. Sort of...

Happy for you amiga! Love-Love!