So... we are still waiting for our furniture and the rest of our household goods to get here. Which means that currently we don't have the over-abundance of toys that my children are accustomed to. That is a good thing for many reasons, one being that they are getting pretty creative in how they play with the toys we do have.
What they play with for most of the day when we're inside is Luke's set of cars from the movie CARS. They've seen the movie only a hundred times so they know all the names, and love these cars (thankfully). Luke hates playing by himself, so he's always convincing Rayna how fun it is to "play race cars" and asking her real sweet, "Rayna, do you want to play race cars?" Usually she does (again, thankfully).
(Side note - right now as I'm typing this the kids are talking to me about how happy they're going to be when their stuff gets here. Rayna is telling me she's going to make some cupcakes for me in her toy kitchen when it gets here. They really are being so patient!)
But since the cars can only "race" for so many days in a row before that gets pretty boring, they've come up with some new games for the cars. Like building a swimming pool out of crayons and letting the cars get in and out of the pool and go swimming.
Here are the cars waiting to get in the pool.
Here's the crayon parking lot!

5 comments:
When your stuff arrives, you should hold back a bunch of the kids' toys and slowly pull them out to keep them occupied even longer! Is that too torturous?
That is awesome. Don't you just love their imaginations! How fun.
That's hysterical ... the parking lot looks like something I'd end up with at my house, too, although I don't believe that Sean has ever thought of making a car pool ... I love it! He loves the presents, by the way ... he was thrilled about the Indiana Jones game, and has already built the star wars space ship ... I think there is a picture of him working on it on my fb page, but the one with him after it's constructed is on my camera so probably won't go up till late Friday after we finish the last of the birthday activities and I can breathe again! Hope you all are well!
Kelly - no, that is smart! That is a great idea that I think I will have to implement... when they get bored I'll just pull out a "new" toy.
The crayon car pool reminds me of a memory from when I was four. A really nice lady named Stella Norris babysat for my while my mother worked as a nurse at the hospital. I can remember her house which had trees in the front yard and no grass. (People in rural areas did not water yards and so some years there was no grass) I found sticks and formed the rooms for my "house". It was very similar to the "car pool", and, for pretty much the same reason, not many toys. It is a little scary to think that we are talking about around 55 years and I still remember it!
Post a Comment