Have you seen the Madame Blueberry Veggie Tales about the Stuff Mart??
That's what I felt like yesterday when I went to Emart. My head was turning in all different directions, and I wanted to put everything in my cart!
Emart is somewhat of a Korean Walmart or Target. A big, clean, shiny and bright department store. What a sight for sore eyes! The very little wandering around we've done off base has been in the shopping area right out of the main gate - little tiny retail shops and restaurants, kind of like a promenade of sorts. But a little different, like everything else here. So I kept wondering where people get regular things like um, trash bags, or diapers, or 409. Well, now I know one answer - Emart!
It is 3 levels - the first level is groceries, and the 2nd and 3rd are full of all kinds of things... clothes, bedding, decor, appliances, toys, electronics, dishes, makeup, strollers, baby stuff, bikes, fish (the pet kind), and more. Some of the same stuff you'd find in the U.S., and of course, lots different. Like little kid silverware sets, except instead of a fork and spoon, it's a spoon and a set of chopsticks. Who knows why I thought that was so cute, but I did! Silly American.
It will be nice to have somewhere to look for things that the commissary and bx don't have, and avoid having to order some things online. Yay Emart.
Now I want to go back and buy some of the things that I just looked at. :) Our car is apparently in the country now, so hopefully we'll be able to go pick it up soon. Then I'll be able to drive myself there; that is, once I get my Korean license and work up the courage to drive on the local roads...

1 comment:
You can do it!!
Post a Comment