8/17/09

Moving Day

So, in case I don't get my blog on very often this week, I wanted to let you know it's because we are unpacking!! Our household goods were delivered today, and to say we are excited is an understatement. Our house is a disaster with lots of stuff crammed into little space, but looks like it will all fit comfortably, mostly, and depending on your definition of "comfortably"... but since we put a bunch of stuff into storage and got rid of a lot, I have hopes of being unpacked quickly!
We were blessed with friends who could watch the kids most of the day... guess that's the advantage of waiting so long for your stuff - time to meet people!
The biggest disaster was that the people couldn't come to pick up our temporary furniture until after our stuff was delivered. So we had all the temp furniture and our own furniture in here at the same time. Dan moved all the loaner stuff into our dining room, but that meant there was one whole relatively large room that we could not put anything in. But, it worked out. The Korean man who was in charge of the team kept saying, "no room" and "too much" after every time they brought a load up... sorry, dude! This is what it looks like whether we move in to a 2500 sq. foot home or a 1200 sq. foot home! It's always a wreck! He was cracking me up. I don't know if he expected it to look perfect and roomy at the end of the day, or what!

So, hopefully soon I'll be able to post a picture or two of our newly painted and furnished apartment. Or "department" or "epartment" as Luke has been known to call it. :) The kids were so excited to sleep on their 'real beds' tonight, it was pretty cute. Back to the boxes...

1 comment:

Karen said...

You crack me up!!