8/27/09

What's Luke Been Up To?

Well, some bike riding, some x-box, and definitely not swimming in the big pool! Swim lessons are still a bust... I was able to bribe him one time with a transformer to do the whole lesson, but no go after that. I've figured out now he's just having some control issues... doesn't want to do the things the teacher says just because she says it, and he doesn't get to decide. It's not that he's unable to do the things they're asking, but he keeps telling me he doesn't want to do this or that or whatever. He's not in charge and apparently he doesn't like that. Little stinker. Of course, he was perfectly willing to listen to the teachers until they had him jump in the water and fend for himself! Guess I can't blame him for his lack of trust. But I would like him to learn to trust me when I tell him I won't let that happen to him again... we'll see.
But here are two activities he's into lately... we bought him a new bike, and he's desperate to ride on 2 wheels (without training wheels), so I'll have to put Dan on that project. :) And he's been asking me for the last two months when the x-box was going to get here, and now it's here! He played once, threw a monster fit when it was time to turn it off, didn't get to play for a week (the fit was that bad), and now is on best behavior when his x-box time is done.
"One more race, Luke."
"Okay, Mommy. That sounds good."
Love it!

Luke Riding

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I love his little chair.

Kirsten said...

We took Ezra's pedals off his bike, as well as his training wheels. He would just sit on his bike and scoot along with his feet. Apparently this method teaches the kid how to balance and what it feels like to balance on a bike. After a few weeks with only scooting, Vince put Ezra's pedals back on and he was able to ride almost instantly... just some unsolicited experience advice :-)

Phebe said...

You will know when he's ready to actually do no training wheels ... have fun ... fortunately that part with Sean was amazingly painless. On the other hand, I can completely understand the child who doesn't want to do things because he wants to be in control ... wish I could say that was getting better at our house sometimes .....