12/8/09

Luke is 5!

Luke turned 5 over the weekend, and I can hardly believe it! On his birthday when Luke told Rayna, "I'm 5 now," Rayna stood next to him and said, "Let me see your size." She looked up at him and said, "Yep, you're bigger than me." It was so cute, she really thought since he turned 5 that he grew a little bit overnight.
PhotobucketAlign CenterWe had a little party for Luke at the base bowling alley. They have a great kids area with a play structure and 4 shorter lanes for kids. He loves it. It worked out perfectly because the kids who weren't interested in bowling were able to play on the slides and stuff, and everyone was happy. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
I loved how excited all of Luke's friends were to watch him open presents. We were definitely missing all our buddies in TX, too, that we would have loved to celebrate another birthday with!
Photobucket
Above are a few pictures from his actual birthday, a day after his party. He's been asking for a Batman cake... here was my attempt. Not my finest cake hour. The sprinkles on frosting with a stencil method would have worked great if I hadn't decided to tip the cake to shake off the sprinkles in the corner. Of course, all of the sprinkles moved, and this was the result! It was yummy, though!
Photobucket
Rayna and her friend Alicia bowling.
Photobucket
Dan and cutie Tessa.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday Luke! I can't believe that you are so big already... writing, reading, riding your bike on only 2 wheels, caring for your sisters, helping Mommy, and being a good friend. We are so proud of you and can't believe how lucky we are to have you as our little boy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Luke! It looks like you had a fun day. We miss you. Love, Ethan, Emma, and Hannah