I feel like I am posting things twice for the same people - since I'm sure most who read this blog are my facebook friends too, so here you go again! Monday Dan had the day off for MLK day so we decided to get out of Dodge. It's been a while since we ventured out. It was good to get off base - I was starting to feel down about being here, and it revived me for a little while! Just knowing there's a real world out there with something else to do besides go to the BX and the bowling alley! I really need to see some more things around here, but it always seems so difficult dragging 3 small kids along... ANYWAY - here's pictures from our fun, refreshing, cold, recreational day.

It reminded us so much of Disneyland - different themed areas, clean and bright, "cast members", a "Main Street" kind of street when you walk in, shops and snacks, etc. Just everything a little different. And the people running the couple of kid rides we went on were way more enthusiastic! I think it was almost more funny not being able to understand what they were saying so we could just hear the intonations, I should have had a video camera. A real commitment to the part.

Extra bonus - we spent the whole day outside so I got to try out my new lens in good lighting! My brown living room lacking sunlight is no place to take pictures. No fun, anyway. The kids (especially Rayna) don't mind posing for a picture as long as I don't do it every 20 seconds.

Loved the "Thank-Q" card... thought it was a funny little piece of poor translation. :)

There was a fun sledding hill, so the kids were all decked out in their snow gear. I discovered that Dan and I do not have our snow gear here - we put it in storage I guess. Bummer! Luckily Dan stayed pretty dry sledding with the "big kids" while I strolled with Tessa and a Cafe Mocha.

I don't know if the "Jackass Penguin" is correctly translated... if not I want to know what we do call it. (Well, I just googled it, and it is called the jackass penguin - I guess it sounds like a donkey!)
And then the food choices. I mean there were plenty of normal-to-me foods that I would eat, but I still just can't get over the things like fried squid and skewered fish paste being offered at a snack stand. Especially since I don't eat any seafood anyway. And I don't know what pizza rool is. ?? I'll pass.
I was really missing our Sea World passes in San Antonio. It was so great to be able to drive there in 10 minutes and spend a couple hours at such an amazing theme park. I don't know if Everland can replace Shamu, but we did get a year pass, so at least now we'll have somewhere to go that the kids will enjoy. We got a "smart pass" which means we can't go on weekends or Korean holidays. We've been told we would NEVER want to go on those days anyways... the word "crowd" takes on a whole new dimension here. So we'll wait for another American holiday to come along - which seems to be when everyone gets out to see the sights - when all the locals are working!!
Oh, and we didn't have to pay for parking. Take note, United States... when you're giving an arm to get into the park you should not have to give your leg to park there!

It reminded us so much of Disneyland - different themed areas, clean and bright, "cast members", a "Main Street" kind of street when you walk in, shops and snacks, etc. Just everything a little different. And the people running the couple of kid rides we went on were way more enthusiastic! I think it was almost more funny not being able to understand what they were saying so we could just hear the intonations, I should have had a video camera. A real commitment to the part.

Extra bonus - we spent the whole day outside so I got to try out my new lens in good lighting! My brown living room lacking sunlight is no place to take pictures. No fun, anyway. The kids (especially Rayna) don't mind posing for a picture as long as I don't do it every 20 seconds.

Loved the "Thank-Q" card... thought it was a funny little piece of poor translation. :)

There was a fun sledding hill, so the kids were all decked out in their snow gear. I discovered that Dan and I do not have our snow gear here - we put it in storage I guess. Bummer! Luckily Dan stayed pretty dry sledding with the "big kids" while I strolled with Tessa and a Cafe Mocha.

I don't know if the "Jackass Penguin" is correctly translated... if not I want to know what we do call it. (Well, I just googled it, and it is called the jackass penguin - I guess it sounds like a donkey!)
And then the food choices. I mean there were plenty of normal-to-me foods that I would eat, but I still just can't get over the things like fried squid and skewered fish paste being offered at a snack stand. Especially since I don't eat any seafood anyway. And I don't know what pizza rool is. ?? I'll pass.
I was really missing our Sea World passes in San Antonio. It was so great to be able to drive there in 10 minutes and spend a couple hours at such an amazing theme park. I don't know if Everland can replace Shamu, but we did get a year pass, so at least now we'll have somewhere to go that the kids will enjoy. We got a "smart pass" which means we can't go on weekends or Korean holidays. We've been told we would NEVER want to go on those days anyways... the word "crowd" takes on a whole new dimension here. So we'll wait for another American holiday to come along - which seems to be when everyone gets out to see the sights - when all the locals are working!!
Oh, and we didn't have to pay for parking. Take note, United States... when you're giving an arm to get into the park you should not have to give your leg to park there!

2 comments:
Looks fun, but COLD!!
Hey Kellie, Susan showed me an app that will automatically post your blog to facebook. You won't have to repeat yourself anymore. I found it by searching in facebook for Simplaris Blogcast. Hope you like it.
Staci
Post a Comment