2/24/10

Step Away from the Funkiness

I hate when you get in a funk. Well, I hate when I get in a funk. And I guess I was in one for a little bit there, and I hope it's over now. It makes sense - it's about that time in the moving process where I tend to get down about things. The newness of everything wears off, and I start dwelling on a bunch of negative stuff. I get tired of trying to make new friends and think, geez! I'm going to be making new friends my whole life and as soon as I get those wonderful, good, close friends, it will be time to move away from them and do it all over again. It can get downright depressing. And being in the process of forming new friendships sends me back to a high school insecurity place in my mind, where I feel like people don't like me, don't want to be my friend, already have enough friends, and are secretly conspiring to keep me out of their circles, etc. etc. etc.
And there's more to it, which if you're lucky (or unlucky) I'll explain in more detail at a later date when I'm not watching American Idol and completely distracted. :)
But it's been a good week and I think the funk is fading, I'm feeling good about lots of fun things, people, and events coming up! God has given me good friends here already, with new friendships forming even as I swear to myself in my funk-tified state that I am just going to lock myself in my apartment for the next 18 months and just not deal with the whole making friends, being friends, then moving process.
Anyway, ready to get over myself, lose my bad attitude, and embrace the opportunities I've been given. My life is so much different than I ever thought it would be, but in a good way!

And seriously! How could anyone in their right mind be down with this little face to look at all day?!
Photobucket
Just wanted to show you Tessa's toothy grin. She's getting more teeth now and has been quite "fussy". Translation: she has gone from being a super duper easy baby to just a super easy baby. She's at a fun age, and it's even more fun to watch Luke and Rayna enjoying their little sister. Rayna will do anything to make her laugh and told me, "I love her baby laughs and baby talks!"

3 comments:

Sab Mad said...

Glad you are getting out of that funk my friend! We ALL go through those. I personally think that you are amazing and talented and smart and witty and have nothing to be insecure about. Don't let Satan tell you otherwise! It's so hard isn't it? That insecurity ALWAYS creeps up on me.
I miss you so much it is ridiculous... We were in the Ranch the other day and Luke wanted to go to your old house to make sure that you weren't there.
Ohio is looking more and more like a possiblility for the Mads!

Sab Mad said...

Oh and how could I forget to mention that that girl is d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!! SOOOOO yummy!

LaRee said...

I pray for you daily, and thank God for you being a part of our family. God blessed us so abundantly that you are Daniel's wife. It is incredibly hard to move so often. We have lived here so long that I guess I could have forgotten...but I haven't, and your struggles do bring a lot of things back to me. Until we lived here I had never lived in one house longer than in Colorado Springs which had set a record, 4 1/2 years. My record before that was around 3 years. I have known people who give up on making new friends because it gets so hard to have to do it over again, but they certainly lose from it. Thanks for sharing your struggles which makes it easier to know how to pray for you. I think you do incredibly well at all that you do!
Love, LaRee