2/20/10

Projects

I've been busy trying to finish some photo projects... namely uploading a bunch of pictures to Shutterfly. The process takes forever. But I want to tie up some projects like that before my new sewing machine comes (woooooohooooooo!!!!!) so I can get right to it once it arrives. But I wanted to show you, my dear and encouraging friends, some things I've done on my old sewing machine. I could really get into this... and with the internet you can learn how to do so many cool projects so easily. A dress for Rayna - I used a fabric I didn't love to practice on, but it's actually kinda cute!



Curtains - definitely not my very favorite fabric, but oh well (it can be hard to make good fabric choices!). Better than nothing and it's bright and cheery!

A cover for my Bible. I like this one a lot and like that the handles are longer than my old cover so that I can sling it over my arm and carry it hands free.

That's it for now. :)

7 comments:

Langdons said...

Wow! Way to go Kellie! I bought some fabric a couple of weeks ago to make a skirt for Leila but have not had the time to work on it yet. You've inspired me to set up my sewing machine this weekend!
Daphne

penjddjz said...

Kellie, I am majorly impressed! I can barely sew straight..great job! Dawn

LaRee said...

I really like all of your projects! What did you decide on the sewing machine? I hope it arrives quickly for you.

Karen said...

Wow, great job on all of them. They turned out nice. If only I knew how to sew. Oh well.

Richard T said...

Kellie,
Your projects look awesome! Have you made the Bible covers before? They would make great gifts! I can barely hang store bought curtains, much less make my own! Richard keeps telling me I should start sewing and offering to buy me a machine. I have been resistant, but you make it look like fun, espeically going to pick out fun fabrics.
Blessings for your week,
Katie

Sab Mad said...

Good work friend!

Kellie said...

Thanks everybody! I got my new sewing machine this week... look out!
Katie - if you like crafts at all, sewing can be addicting, b/c there's so many cool things you can make. I want to make 10 more Bible covers, it was easy!