Okay, I'm going to try to replay a conversation for you that the kids and I had at dinner last night. Rayna was looking at my wedding ring and telling me she wanted to have it and wear it...
Me: No, you can't have it. Daddy gave it to me.
Rayna: But I want it!
Me: Well, when you're a grown up, you'll have a husband who can give you a ring like this.
Luke: Yeah, like when I'm her husband.
Me: No, you won't be her husband. Rayna is your sister so you guys can't be married. Her husband will be someone else! And you will marry someone different! (This topic continued for a while, I had to tell Luke several times that he would not marry Rayna. I think it finally sunk in.)
Luke: Who will I marry, then?
Me: I don't know! Only God knows, so we'll have to wait and see.
Rayna: Yeah, cuz God knows everything. And when we talk to God, he hears us.
Me: You're right!
Rayna: Yeah, Luke talked to God today and God hear-ed him. But he didn't get the bunny down.
What?
Then I flashed back to earlier in the day when the kids were playing one of their favorite games... throwing their stuffed animals around and getting them stuck in high places. Luke came into the kitchen to ask me if I could get Rayna's bunny down that she threw and got stuck on top of the ceiling fan. Apparently before they asked me, they asked God to see if He could get it down first!
I told them that God gave them a Mommy to help with things like that. :)

4 comments:
Love it!
That is awesome! I love that honesty in that!
That makes me laugh ... especially when combined with the conversation that Sean and I had within the last couple of days. Sean in the car last night or the night before informed me that he was going to have a wife some day. I told him I thought that was great, and his response was "I really do think I'll have a wife some day. I just think I will." I again told him I thought that would be great, and asked him if he was going to treat her well, which he told me that he would, and then we moved on, but it's funny to hear the things that kids are thinking. We can't wait to see you all!
Too cute. :)
And happy birthday dearie!
Post a Comment