3/27/10

Trying to bring on spring with pictures at the park

I asked the kids to get on this bench so I could take their picture (we're having moments here and there of park weather, but just moments), and Luke's expressions and poses were cracking me up. Mr. Tough Guy, indeed.

Photobucket

And today was my birthday! But we're going to ignore it, since it's a big one. Goodbye 20's, Hello 20's: Round Two! But I had a great day... lunch and Happy Quilt with a friend, sewing this afternoon, then Chili's for dinner. And what the kids were looking forward to most - cake (made my Dan and kiddos)! I teased the kids all day that they weren't getting any, that I was going to eat the whole cake, since it is MY birthday cake. They were really worried. Rayna told me I should not eat the whole cake, or I would get a fat tummy. Then Tessa did a big laugh like that was the funniest thing Rayna's ever said - she often picks the most appropriate moments to laugh! Neither of them really knew how funny and true her statement was, but man! Only 3 and 1 and already my girls are pickin' on me!!!

Which makes me think of the other day after Rayna ate a meal, and told me she ate so much and her tummy was so fat that it looked like she had a baby growing in it. I had to laugh at her trying to stick out her flat-as-a-pancake stomach and rubbing it like it was a basketball! I've never had so much entertainment (and frustration, exhaustion, etc.) before having kids in the house.

3 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

I am so glad you had a good birthday! I finally made your present yesterday, so I will send Hubby to the post office to mail it this week. :)

LaRee said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. Yes, kids are such a joy. I do find grandkids to be pretty incredible, too.... and they require much less work! When Daniel was little we bought Bill a really nice cowboy had for his birthday, and when Bill got home he told his daddy that he could not tell him that we bought him a hat for his birthday.
I'm never quite sure about my comments whether to make them or not, but it is fun how your blog reminds me of stuff when our kids were little. I have considered starting a blog (I actually have one that I started for a class), but don't know that anyone would want to read it. Life nearing 60 is much less exciting than life at 30--at least we have different excitement, like looking forward to having the grandkids come and bringing their parents...

LaRee said...

Also, the picture of Luke are priceless. He reminds me of someone... I think they are the Blues Brothers.