Nothing much going on around here. We had the kids' cousin Sean's Flat Stanley here and unfortunately we didn't have any exciting destinations in the works - but he came to South Korea. That counts for something, right? Just thought I'd share the pictures we took with him.
We ate at this restaurant - "Thailand 2" (Or Thailand Squared, according to the sign. ??). It's popular around here, just a block off base or so, and everyone calls it Thai 2. I've developed a new love for Massamahn, a Thai dish that is so yummy, as are many things I've had there. Lots of people travel to Thailand while they're here and I guess the food is amazing. And cheap. Back to Korea - the problem is, you have to pretend like you're in a nice place... you can kind of tell by the outside what it also looks like on the inside! We've become a little used to how different everything looks around here, like mostly smaller and dirtier. (Seoul has more modern shopping malls and city area that look clean and shiny and spacious, but not really around here). It took us a little while to figure out how to even get up to these 2nd floor shops. There's always a door somewhere on the first floor that opens up to a very narrow steep staircase that goes up there. Well, let me get back on topic... I just wish I could describe every detail of this experience we're having here in Korea and I get carried away!
Flat Stanley trying chicken-on-a-stick
In other news... April is shaping up to be a busy month around here. In a little under 3 weeks I get to go on a girl's 4 day trip to China!!! Being forced to see the world somehow gives you this desire to see more of the world (I have never been one of those people who had dreams of travelling the world - was seriously satisfied with staying in my little zone of life). The base organizes tons of trips to China and it's not very expensive, and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! To say I am excited is an understatement - there are about 25 women going, no children, and I am just having dreams about the freedom I will feel being able to follow the itinerary, and get on and off the bus, eat, sleep in a hotel, all without worrying about what to do with/for/about the kids at every step of the way! We will have a bus and tour guide, and 4 days of very packed, fast paced sight seeing in Beijing.
Also this month Rayna turns 4! I can't believe it. We will be having a Strawberry Shortcake party. :)
And then, at the end of the month, we are coming back to the States for a 3 1/2 week visit. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! The unfortunate part is that we now know so many people all over the country that we would love to visit, but of course we can't. We are hitting the family destinations, Missouri and Southern California, and it will be soooooooo good to see everyone after almost a year. I can hardly believe we've really gone that long without seeing our families (well, except on skype)! It will be wonderful. After we get over our jet lag. :)
Now I'm exhausted just thinking about all of that - better get ready for bed!

4 comments:
Kellie, that was awesome ... and the pictures of the bowling alley (which is something that Sean is dying to do, and which I have not yet managed to get fit into the schedule), are perfect. Thank you SOOO much! Oh, and as I think I might have mentioned, we really can't wait to see you all, too!!!
So with these 2nd floor shops...what do you do with the stroller?
Yes, we can hardly wait for you to get here. I'm just glad we will be busy between now and the time you get here. A trip to Cabool this Saturday, to Columbia next weekend, I work at the mall in a health fair the next Saturday, and plan to go to Silver Dollar City during the week on my comp day. Then the next Saturday is a Beth Moore simulcast that our church is hosting. then during my free time I would like to have a clean house and some food prepared ahead of time. The best part is with being busy time should go quickly. That is really neat that you are going to get to go to China.
Karisa - reason # 526 why we don't do that very often... we take baby out of the stroller on the sidewalk, fold the stroller and carry it up the (death trap) stairs. There's another place we like but don't go to anymore b/c there's no high chair and Tessa's pulled soup down on us twice trying to hold her in our lap! Oh well.
Post a Comment