6/23/10

Accent Pillows

I got this fabric at Dongdaemun - unfortunately I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I bought it, and only had enough for the fronts of 3 pillows... so I still need to make a coordinating 4th.  My new favorite colors are this green with black or brown.

Here's the back - I did an "envelope" closure so I can take it off and wash it, and this is way easier than a zipper.  Basically instead of cutting 2 squares to put together, you cut one square for the front and 2 rectangles for the back that overlap and make the square.
The extra touch I added was some black piping around the edge, which was way easier than I thought it would be.  Done!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

Love them! My mom and I went shopping for fabric today to make dining room curtains and after finding ONE that I could live with, but not buying it because it cost $22/yd, I told my mom, "I need to have Kellie find me fabric in Korea." We'll try JoAnns tomorrow, but if I get desperate...

katrina said...

i am so impressed, kellie! my mom makes pillow coverings like that w/the envelope closure...very smart for washing!
i love the fabric, too!