6/16/10

I'm Baaaa-aaack!

Well, it was a nice little bloggy vacation I just had... I wasn't feeling like I had much to blog about. But all of a sudden, I'm feeling like there's all kinds of things I want to share with you all, if there's anyone still out there! So let's get right down to it.
On MSN.com today there was an article about funny signs and other things in foreign countries that get lost in translation. I looked through the slide show and thought I had some way more interesting pictures of signs than they did! I guess that's one advantage of living overseas... getting to read badly translated English on a very regular basis. :)

This sign was at Everland in front of a ride, telling you who should not ride. I especially liked the picture of the baby inside the mom's belly. Very detailed. I guess an elderly pregnant lady drinking beer would be out of the question?


Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to the huge fabric market in Seoul, and we ate at a Korean restaurant there. Wouldn't really choose it but it was convenient and we could get back to our shopping quickly. Anyway, tough to pick from this list of menu items, don't you think? Luckily there were more options...


WARNING: This next sign is not rated G! Riding in the taxi during our little fabric shopping excursion, we saw this sign over a store. My friend and I whipped out our cameras so fast and took a picture while it was pouring rain (lucky for us, traffic was at a standstill so we were able to get the shot). The taxi driver kept looking, trying to figure out what in the world we were so interested in. But do you know how shocking it was to see this word all spelled out on a store sign (I blocked some of it out)? You just don't see that written very often, certainly not out in public. And I have to think that anyone helping someone translate into English would be able to point out that this might not be a great thing to name your store? At least they were having a sale.

3 comments:

matt n karisa said...

Mmmmmmm, soap! And spawn? What is spawn?

Kellie said...

I have no idea!! I can imagine soap is supposed to be soup, but I'm lost on spawn...

Phebe said...

Those are hysterical!!!