5/28/10

Jedi Training Academy

I have a million or so pictures from our trip to the U.S., so I don't know where to begin! But I'll try to hit some of the highlights over the next few days.
I'll start with what was perhaps one of the best days of Luke's life! At Disneyland, he got to be a part of the "Jedi Training Academy". It was a little show where they pulled a bunch of kids out of the audience, gave them a jedi robe and a lightsaber, taught them a little series of moves with their weapon, then let them fight either Darth Vader or Darth Maul. It was pretty cool. Luke took it very seriously!

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Activate your lightsaber! Hit the right shoulder! Now left shoulder! Left leg! Now duck! Deactivate!"

Photobucket
Luke fighting Darth Maul!

Photobucket
This kid cracked us up because he got up there did a "force push" toward one of the storm troopers (or whatever those white guys are), and the guy totally played along and reacted right away.
Photobucket

A picture of the whole stage on the left, and on the right, the new jedis being presented to the crowd.
Luke learned a new move from this little training - now he likes to duck whenever playing light sabers with his friends.
Rayna cried through the whole thing because she wanted to be a jedi, too. No one ever accused her of being a girly-girl!

3 comments:

Phebe said...

That's awesome - Sean would have loved that, too!!

Karen said...

What fun pictures. A true Jedi in training. That was one of Ethan's favorite parts of Disney World when we went this year. He still thinks that he is a true Jedi in training. He frequently asks me why he just can't use the force anytime he wants to. Fun stuff!

LaRee said...

I love the pictures. It is really neat that he got to watch the movies before going! Oh, the disappointments that life gives us! It is so hard to have to watch someone else do what we want! I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures from your time in California!