7/21/10

PJ Party

Don't these kids look ready for a good time?
This picture makes me laugh so much, because I have no idea why they both look like they're having a mug shot taken!?  They really were happy about me making them some new pajamas!
That's right!  I found some cute flannels at my happy place - Happy Quilt, googled "how to sew pajama pants", and voila!  This truly was one of the easiest projects (who knew!).  There are only two pieces to pants like this, an elastic waist, and they don't have to fit perfectly or anything.  Now, next time I will change the pattern a bit for Rayna's - hers are a little snug in the tush, but nothing a little trial and error won't fix.  I will also buy her a larger undershirt to use for the top (good thing she doesn't really know it's ridiculously short).  I cut out their initials and sewed them onto the t-shirts (using a little "heat-n-bond" first) to make a matching set. 
 With the price of kids jammies these days (and my kids like the matching tops and bottoms) I think I may whip out a few more of these.  The fabric I used was probably about $2.00 for each and the t-shirts were in a 5 pack for 6 something.
I'm having visions of matching family Christmas jammies, hehehe...

Photobucket

6 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

Your sewing skills are ridiculous! I can't wait to see the holiday jammas!

Sab Mad said...

LOVE the jammies (do you need the kids' sizes?) but am very distracted by that green wall in the background! According to my computer that is very green!?

Maggie said...

I'm so jealous of all the fun fabrics you are finding!

Kellie said...

Yes - it's very green. I am usually pretty good at paint choices, but not this time. I pretty much apologize for the paint color any time someone new comes over! It's okay, but I don't like it... And I am trying to dream up just the right thing to make for your little darlings, Sab Mad. :)

I am seriously going to have fabric withdrawals when we leave here!

Phebe said...

Those are too cute ... I think Sean may need some matching holiday jammies, too :) Okay - I'm shamelessly hinting - or not really hinting, but he would definitely love them!

matt n karisa said...

Nice!