7/31/10

Zippered Pouch Extravaganza

Google is dangerous.  I googled "how to sew a zippered pouch" and then had a serious zippered pouch sewing party!  I kept seeing things and thinking... I could make a zipper pouch for that...
Doesn't hurt anything that zippers are $ 0.10 at Dongdaemun.
Now that we're on the countdown (as in, we have less time left than we've already spent here!), I am already starting to miss that place!
Here's a sampling of the zipper mania:

My favorites are these flat bottomed ones, because they can stand on their own.
I made one for Luke and Rayna for their markers, which has worked out pretty well.  Instead of having to dump them all out to use them, their markers have been staying neatly at hand in their little zipper pouches.  And I made one for me and my makeup.
It's a great way to learn how to sew a zipper.  C'mon, I know you want to do it! 

Here's a tutorial for a basic zippered pouch: 
Here's the tutorial I used for the flat bottom kind: 

Well, off to get obsessed about sewing something else... maybe me and google should take a "break"!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sab Mad said...

Okay, I am now convinced you have WAY too much time on your hands.

And I am jealous!

K. Davis said...

I'm zipper obsessed as well!!! they look awesome... great job. I need mega amounts of zippers when we head to Dondaemun next.

Kellie said...

You inspired it, Karen!!
And Sabrina - yes I've actually got some time on my hands... but you know how poorly I manage time! Sewing projects completed means I am staying up waaaaaay too late. Or neglecting my children. Hopefully the first one. :)

matt n karisa said...

Too cute! You're my hero. :)