8/28/10

Beach Bag

A couple months ago, some friends and I started getting together once a week to sew and work on projects together.   Usually we'd do something one of us had done before so that person could walk the others through the project.  It was so much fun!  But it only lasted a month or so before everyone went home (back to the States) for the summer.  School starts next week, so almost everyone has trickled back, but we have yet to pick back up with our "Sew Cool Sewing Club".  Yeah, we're dorks!  Anyhow, this beach bag was one of our projects.  It has worked great for our pool and waterpark trips, since taking enough stuff for 4 requires quite a large bag.  Here's Rayna holding up the straps for me:  a long cross body strap and smaller shoulder straps.
The best part is having learned to make a simple flat bottom bag.  Endless possibilities...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun. Great job on the bag. I would love to be part of a sewing group because I can barely sew a button.

Toby and Rebecca said...

When do you start taking orders?

I love seeing the way your sewing talents are exploding! You are for real my friend.

BTW- I saw another blue van in the MDO parking lot and it really made me miss seeing you :( I am actually teaching this year!

Sab Mad said...

Love, love, love it! Almost as much as I love the Halloween bags you made me. But definintely not as much as I love you, friend. Thanks for the chat last night!

LaRee said...

I find the things you are making pretty amazing! Rayna definitely helps show off the bag. Wish I could see both in person! Hope school goes well today!