Okay, wasn't it really just yesterday that our little baby boy was born?! My little man had his first day of school today! He has been so excited about it all summer, and was quite ready for school. Last week we got to go to his classroom and meet his teacher, Mrs. Stapleford. She and her husband both teach K and have been teaching for a looooooong time. I love her style for Luke - she is very scheduled and orderly, and it sounds like she runs a pretty tight ship, but is lovely and sweet at the same time. She said that once they learn the routine, the same things happen each day and they always know what to do and what's coming next. Right up his alley.
Luke loves order. He likes to know what we're doing next, what it's time for now, how long we're going to be doing this, what time will this be. So I hope he eats it up at school because his mommy so does not operate like that!
I didn't get too emotional about it. Luke was so excited, and I was excited for him. I kept thinking to myself all day long, "I wonder what he's doing now..." and it was fun to think about. It was harder picking him up than dropping him off, hearing about his day and realizing how long he'd been gone and that it would be every day! He told me, "I had fun, Mama" and when I asked him if he wanted to go back tomorrow - answer was yes! I am super happy for him, he loved it, and I am glad that Rayna starts a little Pre-K program on Friday, because she was really missing her lifelong playmate. Now I'll have to figure out what to do each morning with my little buddy Tessa. We'll have fun!
Here he is outside our building this morning, ready to walk to school.
Dan had the day off today, so he was able to come with us - what a special treat!
Totally unrelated - a tree down from Typhoon Kompasu... Kindergarten started today, but all the other grades started last week. In the first week of school they already missed 2 days because of power outages from the typhoon! It hit on Thursday, taking the power out on almost the ENTIRE base. Even the gate guards were checking ID's in the dark. Our building lost power for a day, others for 2 days, and many other places longer than that. Chili's was packed last night because it had been closed for 4 days - guess we were all having withdrawals!
This picture is from last week at the meet & greet. His teacher is in the middle, and her aide on the right. There are 4 Kindergarten classrooms, each with about 19 students right now, and each teacher has an aide.
Tessa and Luke playing in his super fun classroom!







2 comments:
He looks so big! What happened to the little baby boys we used to push in strollers every day?!
Luke looks happy about it all! Thanks for sharing. It is hard to believe how grown up he is becoming! I'm confident you won't have any problem filling your time. It's just so hard to believe how quickly time flies.
Post a Comment