Monday morning we went to get Rayna's 'real' cast - they had put a splint on it at first to allow for any swelling, and the orthopedic doctor had been on leave. Rayna was excited to pick her color... what else?! Pink!
Her spirits are improving - over the weekend she was not so excited about the broken arm... but now with the lighter cast and mommy feeling better about the better protection it provides, she is getting used to it and able to do a lot more. And the good news, we can go back in 2 weeks to see how it's doing, and possibly get the cast off that quickly! Luckily nothing moved out of place when she broke it and it should heal pretty fast.
If I broke my arm, I'm quite sure I would be a big fat baby about the whole thing. I'm pretty proud of my girl, though, she's been super tough and suprisingly (because she is my most dramatic child) non-dramatic.




1 comment:
She is getting so grown up! That sure beats when I broke my arm falling off a horse and had to spend a day and night in the hospital. It had to be set, and they used ether for anesthesia so they kept me overnight. I missed the big family dinner that day! The best (?) part of my day is that I did it before breakfast so it did not interfere with the anesthesia.
Post a Comment