1/21/11

Girls Rock

We love us some Lego Rock band around here!  I wasn't sure about getting Rock Band for the kids b/c it looks crazy, like being at a rock concert (go figure) and I think the game has a lot of "grown up" images that I wasn't too fond of the kids seeing.  Then they came out with Lego Rock Band!  Woohoo!  All the characters are Lego people (so cute) and the kids LOVE it.  We got it last Christmas, and it has made a come back in our house this winter... it is so cold we are not going outside at all, so I am glad we have some fun options like this that we can do together.  In the photo below, Rayna is rocking out with her friend Kate.  Sometimes we have "family rock band" and Luke and Dan will play guitars, Rayna will "sing" into the mic, and I'll do the drums.  Yay for fun indoor activities!
It has been an unusually cold winter for Korea, I guess.  I honestly can't remember how long it's been since it's been above freezing at ANY time of the day.  Today started out at 11 F and the warmest I saw on my car when I went through the car wash this afternoon (only water though - the soaps and shampoos were frozen) was 30.  Almost there!  Yes we lived in Minot, and yes, it was colder.  The difference is we are out in it much more here.  There are too many places on base that are really too short to drive (although that doesn't always stop us) but are quite a long walk when it's 15 degrees.  In Minot we just ran from our house to our car, car to store, etc.  There was no walking outside for extended periods.  And in Minot our remote car starter worked from in the house.  From our 8th floor apartment with the van in a parking garage across the street from the building, that handy little thing we had installed in Minot is useless here. 
Here's hoping we'll thaw out soon.
This is Rayna with a few of her classmates at a recent playdate.  Love the princesses, chearleader, and Minnie Mouse!!  By the way, even at only age 4, 5 girls create a LOT of drama.  Just sayin'. 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

Too cute! So glad to see you all are doing well. I just want to make a blog request for a family rock photo. Maybe Tessa can take it?? :)

Esquire's Wife said...

Uh, who's that teenager rockin' out?! She looks so grown up in that photo! Well paired with the princess pic for a dose of reality, though she's still looking more and more like a little lady and less like a toddler.

Kellie said...

I'll have to see about that, Rebecca! You just can't make fun. :) I know Kel, she'll be 5 in 3 short months. Can't believe it!