4/22/08

back to reality

So I hope to be blogging soon about our trip to CA to see my mom and brothers. It was great to get away and see beautiful So. California (I could not get over how gorgeous that area is!) The trip was not without it's share of exhausted children and total meltdowns, but overall the kids did great and we had tons of fun. However, my mom no longer considers Disneyland the happiest place on earth after watching my two toddlers fuss, whine, and cry the entire time we were there (the aforementioned meltdown).

Back in our regular, non-vacation life, Luke is trying to figure out the world around him and says some funny things sometimes. Kids are the best entertainment, I swear! Here's a conversation from a couple days ago in the car:

Luke: Are you my mommy, Mommy?
Me: Yes, I am!
Luke: And Daddy is my daddy?
Me: Yep

He cracks me up!
Other popular questions are:

1) Mommy (or Daddy), are you a man?
2) Mommy (or Daddy), are you a girl?
3) Daddy, are you married to Mommy?
4) Mommy, are you married to Daddy?

Last week I wanted him to apologize to someone for "having a bad attitude". When he got the chance to say his apology a few minutes later, it came out, "I'm sorry for being a bad accident."

Lately he's been bossing Rayna (his "stister") around more and more, and told her recently that she needed to obey him. This sparked a conversation about how both of them need to obey Mommy and Daddy, and only Mommy or Daddy can discipline them (as in Luke cannot punish his sister!). Luke is nodding his head and adds, "Yeah, only Mommy and Daddy can yell."
Argh - then another explanation of how none of us should yell, and Mommy is trying very hard not to. :)

No comments: