At least I've learned from some other wise mothers that the end of nap time does not mean the end of me time! The first day that Luke did not sleep, he stayed in his room for "quiet time" - what a wonderful idea! Of course, he kept just coming out of his room and didn't quite know what to do with himself, but that will come. He's got plenty of stuff to play with in there, and I'm pleased that he'll finally be spending time in the cute room we've put together for him. So I prepared myself to teach him how to do quiet time, that he could come out of his room only to go potty (a couple days he did not come out of his room to go potty - but that's another drama), and I was ready to deal with this new phase.
Then on Saturday I go in to check on him during quiet time, and my sweet boy has climbed into his bed and gone to sleep, light on and music playing (picture below). When Dan went in to get him up, he said, "I played in my room!" Sure you did!
Then on Sunday he didn't even pretend to play and just got in bed for a nap, and slept hard and long.
We'll see what happens next week!

3 comments:
ben did that the other day - saying he "played in his room" when matt actually moved him while sleeping to his bed from the couch. he had said he didn't want to nap, so was told he could "play quietly in his room." funny boys!
That is too cute!!! We try quiet time and Drew comes out every 10 min and says he is done..One time I caught him zonked out in his bed in the buff...I mean completely buff...soo weird.
So good to know these things don't just happen in my house!
Haven't found Luke in the buff yet, that is hilarious!
Post a Comment