9/12/08

What are you talking about?

Sometimes being a mom of a toddler is like being a detective.  This is how it went today in the car as the kids were eating a snack of Kix cereal.

Rayna:  I want to bwush da apple.
Me:  What?
Rayna:  I want to bwush da apple.
Me:  What?  I don't know what you're talking about?!
Luke:  She wants the apple.
Me:  Oh, do you want an apple?
Rayna:  I want to bwush da apple.
Luke:  (In a funny, sing-songy, high pitched voice) What are you talking about?
Me:  Rayna, do you want an apple?
Rayna:  I want to bwush it.  In my teef.
Me:  Oh! (Light bulb!!)  Did you get apple stuck in your teeth at lunch?
Rayna:  Yeah, I want to bwush it.
Me:  Okay, we can brush your teeth when we get home.

A couple minutes later...

Rayna:  Mommy, I got da apple wif da Kix!
Me:  Oh, good!
Rayna:  I don't need to bwush my teef anymore!


No comments: